18 Sep Reproduction - Lesson Plan
Let’s talk about sex, shall we? What? Are you hesitant? Slightly uncomfortable? Or totally psyched to teach this much-needed information? Whatever your state, your teens are likely riding an emotional roller coaster as well – only their ride often has misinformation on it! The YSS Lesson Plan Unit that corresponds with the Reproduction website material actually utilizes the nervousness and fears teens have around this topic to broaden their thinking and uncover the facts. Make sure your teens can separate the facts from fiction with the YSS Lesson Plan.
The YSS Lesson Plan Unit for Reproduction includes:
- Pre-Ops: Facts and Myths.
- Recon Mission: Sex: The journey and gender differences.
- Debriefing I: Self Reflective questions: How do I view reproduction? How do I feel about it? 8 Questions.
- Debriefing II: Group Discussion questions: Stereotypes, fears and facts. 9 Questions.
- Field Ops: PBL: Sing it loud.
- Field Ops: Service Learning: What should be taught anyway?
- SOP: Vocabulary: 50 Words.
- SOP: Optics: What should be taught in visual form and/or Captain Sperm and Ms. Ameggica.
- SOP: Direct Assessment: 9 Questions.
Sample Mission Objectives:
- The process of puberty
- The differences between what girls and boys experience
- The parts and functions of the reproductive systems
- How reproduction occurs
- To think critically about information
- To interpret the information as it relates to them personally
- Aware of their own bodies and the natural changes they are experiencing
- Comfortable using content related vocabulary