18 Sep Cyberbullying - Lesson Plan
Cyber-bullying is, unfortunately, a growing trend amongst teens. Some cyber bully purposefully, some without awareness. The YSS Lesson Plan Unit that corresponds with the Cyber Bullying website material focuses on raising awareness for all individuals and arming young teens with effective strategies for handling both overt and subtle cyber-bullying attacks.
Arm your teens with solid information about Cyber-bullying with the following missions:
- Pre-Ops: What’s your experience?
- Recon Mission: Reasons, recon and resources.
- Debriefing I: Self Reflective questions: What do I consider to be cyber-bullying and how do I protect myself? 11 questions.
- Debriefing II: Group Discussion questions: Greater understanding of the anonymous cyber world. 8 Questions.
- Field Ops: PBL: Imagining all the players.
- Field Ops: Service Learning: Story books.
- SOP: Vocabulary: 22 Words.
- SOP: Optics: Story book continuation.
- SOP: Direct Assessment: 10 Questions.
Sample Mission Objectives:
- The basic information about cyber-bullying contained in the posts.
- Strategies to deal with bullies
- To think critically about the information
- To recognize patterns of behavior relative to cyber-bullying
- To use tips to deal with cyber-bullying.
- Applying the information to the self
- Familiar with new self-concepts in relation to the material
- Aware of new coping strategies to help deal with cyber-bullying