18 Sep Healthy Relationships - Lesson Plan
Establishing healthy relationships is a difficult task especially when faced with all the mixed messages and dubious models young teens receive about relationships today. Heighten your students’ awareness and build strong boundaries for your teens with the YSS Lesson Plan Unit on Healthy Relationships. It includes a Pre-ops Mission to help students identify their pre-conceived ideas about relationships while the YSS posts, self reflective and group discussion questions all help them to challenge and/or strengthen their views.
Our project based learning mission has your students exploring the key ingredients for a healthy relationship while the service learning mission emphasizes what can happen when unhealthy relationships occur. Finish off your unit by adding vocabulary, direct assessment and, of course, a visual opportunity that will have your students interviewing others about what constitutes a healthy relationship.
Your students + YSS Lesson Plans? Now that’s a healthy relationship.
The YSS™ Lesson Plan Unit that pertains to Healthy Relationships includes:
- Pre-Ops: On the look out for signs of healthy
- Recon Mission: What is healthy and how do you build it?
- Debriefing I: Self Reflective questions: Who am I in a relationship? 11 Questions.
- Debriefing II: Group Discussion questions: Who are we in relationships? 7 Questions.
- Field Ops: PBL: The Healthy Relationship Wheel
- Field Ops: Service Learning: The consequences of un-healthy relationships
- SOPS: Vocabulary: 20 Words.
- SOPS: Optics: Top elements and/or See the difference
- SOPS: Direct Assessment: 12 Questions.
Sample Mission Objectives:
- What a healthy relationship is
- Principles of a healthy relationship
- What boundaries are
- Warning signs of an unhealthy relationship
- Spot warning signs in relationships
- Create appropriate boundaries for themselves
- Aware of their personal boundaries
- Aware of their role in a relationship
- Aware of their expectations in relationships