We were on a mission when we created the YSS Lesson Plans Units: to help you with your mission of inspiring your students to learn about themselves and the world. As such, the units within each Lesson Plan are referred to as “Missions;” you are headquarters (HQ); your students are agents.
- Within every Lesson Plan Unit, you will find the following individual stand alone missions for your agents:
- Recon asks your agents to acquire and interact with the information provided on the website.
- Debriefing asks your agents to personally reflect on the website material via Self- Reflective Questions and Group Discussions.
- Field Ops provides both Project Based Learning and Service Learning activities.
- Standard Operating Procedures includes Vocabulary growth, Optics (a visual learning lesson) and Direct Assess (standard assessments for the website material).
Every YSS Lesson Plan Unit includes these 8 stand alone missions (and sometimes a few more).
Each Mission also includes the following information:
- CCSS met
- National Health Standards met
- 21st Century Skills met
- 21st CCLC content addressed
- A rubric for assessing agent participation
- Time and materials needed
- What the agent will know, do and be as a result of executing the mission
As usual, YSS Missions were designed with “What works for you?” at their core. This means, you can structure the mission to best suit your needs and the needs of your agents.