3 Tips for mental health

Updated June, 2018.

OMG! I just saw something on social media about a party that I wasn’t invited to. Do people hate me? Am I a bad person?

Whoa. Taylor, just because you weren’t invited, don’t take it personally.

Why not? It feels personal. My sister would do this kind of thing to me on purpose.

But you don’t know all the information. And maybe you’re sensitive to it because of the way your sister treated you.

Wow. That’s a lot to think about Nicki. I’d rather just tell the party thrower what a loser they are for not inviting me.

I’m not sure that’s the best response to this situation, Taylor.

One simple social media post can cause a lot of confusion and send us into a tailspin – feeling personally insulted, wanting to lash out and not really understanding why. This is especially true during the teen years when the brain is sending all sorts of social and emotional signals that can get crossed.

In less than a minute, Taylor hit on three common mistakes people make that often make them feel bad about who they are. First, she took the situation personally before she had any facts. Second, she let the situation hit a personal button for her. Third, her initial reaction was to do something we all know she would later regret.

This post is going to cover all those mistakes in detail because by steering clear of those mistakes you can steer clear of drama and really boost your mental health

This post covers Three Tips For Mental Health. In this section, you will read:

Awareness is the key to your mental health!!

Notice that all of the above topics require you to be more aware of what is happening inside and around you. Yep, that awareness thing just keeps coming up;)

Post Question:

Have you ever felt FOMO like Taylor? What happened?

Answer the post question here

Leave a Reply to 2109 Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.

What's being said

• christina
    Posted at 16:17h, 10 November Reply

I have felt FOMO before, but everyone reacts to situations differently. I didn’t react like Taylor because I knew it wouldn’t fix anything or make it better for myself. Instead, it’s better to find something else to do as a distraction so you don’t overthink that you are missing out on anything.

1 6 7 8