10 Sep 3 Tips for mental health
Updated June, 2018.
One simple social media post can cause a lot of confusion and send us into a tailspin – feeling personally insulted, wanting to lash out and not really understanding why. This is especially true during the teen years when the brain is sending all sorts of social and emotional signals that can get crossed.
In less than a minute, Taylor hit on three common mistakes people make that often make them feel bad about who they are. First, she took the situation personally before she had any facts. Second, she let the situation hit a personal button for her. Third, her initial reaction was to do something we all know she would later regret.
This post is going to cover all those mistakes in detail because by steering clear of those mistakes you can steer clear of drama and really boost your mental health
This post covers Three Tips For Mental Health. In this section, you will read:
- Tip #1: Don’t take things personally
- A brief example to help you not take things personally
- Tip #2: Know your buttons
- Extra button example… if you want it
- Tip #3: Choose adaptive versus maladaptive responses
- Extra tips for overall better mental health
- Bonus YSS: The Self: a small quiz on why it matters…
- Bonus YSS: If you chose the first response
- Bonus YSS: If you chose the second response
- Bonus YSS: If you chose the third response
Awareness is the key to your mental health!!
Notice that all of the above topics require you to be more aware of what is happening inside and around you. Yep, that awareness thing just keeps coming up;)