How do you know when someone likes you? Don’t you just wish you were some type of mentalist who could read other people’s minds? Then you could find out in a pinch whether or not that gorgeous thing likes you.
While reading minds is tough, reading the signs isn’t:
- Laughter: does your crush try to make you laugh? Tell you silly jokes? Laugh at all your silly jokes? This is a good sign.
- Eye contact: does your crush make eye contact with you? Do you catch your crush looking at you and then looking away, or better yet, looking at you and then NOT looking away? Staring with a smile is a definite sign.
- Grooming: does your crush touch his/her hair or fidget with his/her clothing when you are around? “Grooming” gestures are a sign that someone likes another person. Picking your nose in front of someone is not a good sign.
- No-reason phone or texting contact: does your crush ever text you for no good reason? Getting the assignment for Spanish from you is a sign if the Spanish assignment can be found on-line by anyone.
- Talk about U: does your crush talk about you to other people, or better yet, talk to you about how nice you are? All good signs.
- Offers help: does your crush offer to help you with different things, ranging from homework, catching practice or just walking home? Check, check and double check.
- Random meetings: do you just seem to see your crush in lots of different places where you didn’t think he/she would be? (Times where you went somewhere because you thought that person might be there do not count as a sign!)
- Talk to your friends: does your crush seem to talk to all your friends equally but just not you? It could be that talking to your friends is safer, and less nerve wracking.
- Shows off: does your crush always seem to be performing for something when around you? Or does he/she become just a little bit louder? A little bit bolder? A little bit more animated? A positive sign actually.
- Makes fun of you: we know, sounds crazy, but if your crush is constantly making fun of you in a lighthearted, joking and “your good at taking jokes” kind of way, that can be a sign too. But if that person is being mean and making you feel really bad about yourself, that’s not a good thing. Don’t start a relationship like that.
But, of course, don’t forget to read the anti-signs:
- Negative Eye Contact: if your crush NEVER looks at you, it may be a sign that he/she’s not (yet!) interested. Eye contact shows interest. There needs to be at least some.
- Flirts with someone else: if your crush is flirting with someone else and NOT at all with you, it’s probably not a good sign. And for the rare time that your crush is doing that to make you feel jealous, think about if that’s how you’d want to start a relationship.
- Is downright mean 2 u: bad warning sign whether it’s because that person likes you or really doesn’t like you. Be careful of anyone who is mean.
(Still unsure if your crush likes you? Check out the Bonus YSS: Crush or be Crushed.)
Post question: How do you know if someone likes you?